Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dodge Caliber: Things I Hate #1

The other weekend I flew to the midwest to attend the wedding of a friend.  The flight was great.  The wedding was great.  The hotel was great.  Everything went perfect.  Except for THIS:



Looks harmless enough right?  It actually looks pretty cool.  I am not a car guy by any means.  I was probably 17 when I learned to even pop the hood on my car.  I was in my 20's when I first changed a tire.   I don't know anything about cars.  With that being said, the Caliber was the worst driving experience of my life.  For two reasons:

1. The engine sounds like it is going to explode.
2. The noise inside of the car is unbearable.

I kept trying to turn the music up so loud that I wouldn't have to hear the deafening sound of gusting wind outside but then the engine would rev so high I'd get terrified and turn down the music to listen to it.

I had enough trouble driving on the horrendous Michigan & Ohio roads already.  I really didn't need this. I guess that's what I get for $22 a day... 

1 comment: